Save Our Public Schools
Our victory in the No on Question 2 campaign in November 2016 was a lightning strike to the heart of the wealthy school privatizers undermining our public schools.
While we celebrated our victory on Question 2, we have continued to fight to Save Our Public Schools across the state.
Since November 2016, MEJA activists have:
- Stopped the expansion of charter schools in Lynn.
- Killed legislation proposed by Charlie Baker that would have created "school takeover zones."
- Pushed back on the expansion of charter schools in many Massachusetts communities.
- Advocated for the removal of Education Board Chair Paul Sagan for his ties to illegal pro-charter school campaign.
- Gathered over 1,000 people at Harvard to protest a speech by Betsy DeVos.
Those are just a few of the actions we've taken to Save Our Public Schools since winning the No on 2 campaign.
Please join us in continuing to fight for public education, through our Save Our Public Schools campaign or through the Fund Our Schools campaign for equitable school funding or the Debt Free Future campaign for debt-free public colleges.